Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert is a must read and must have for anyone who has ever felt the pull of inspiration and the desire to create. A college professor I had recommended it at lunch while we were discussing our respective fiction writing endeavors. I had recently watched a TED talk with Elizabeth Gilbert and very much enjoyed it, so I became curious about Big Magic.
I won’t go into too much detail, it’s better to read her words for yourself, but truly, I must say I enjoyed reading this book. I may not entirely agree with everything Gilbert says or believes, but she also makes some excellent points and offers some advice on how we, as artists and creators decide to perceive and work with inspiration, creativity, and our ideas.
Big Magic is split into six parts; Courage, Enchantment, Permission, Persistence, Trust, and Divinity, each imbued with anecdotes and words of wisdom from Gilbert herself as well as what she has learned on her own creative journey.
From expressing the belief that we all have gems buried within us just waiting for the courage to dig them out, to discussing ideas as entities seeking the best partner to make them manifest, to giving you permission, if you can’t for yourself, to put your fears aside and live a creative life, and so much more, Gilbert presents a unique and amazing perspective that demands to be shared.
For this reason, I’m giving away a copy of Big Magic to bring in the new year with. Here’s how to win:**GIVEAWAY ENDED**
- You must be a resident of the US (or have a US shipping address).
- Get one entry by commenting on this blog and sharing how you want to accomplish your own creative living or something that has recently inspired you.
- Get another entry by posting about this Giveaway on Twitter BE SURE TO INCLUDE ME,@amalgamology, IN YOUR TWEET SO I CAN COUNT IT!
- You can Tweet once per day until the Giveaway ends and earn one entry per day on Twitter. (Officially begins today, 11/28)
- The Giveaway officially ends on Monday 12/28/2015 at 11:59 pm EST.
- A random winner will be selected and announced on Tuesday 12/29/2015 on Twitter and my blog.
***UPDATE, Winner Announced!***
SK Lamont! Please contact me with the address you would like me to ship your book to!
Thank you everyone that participated!